Wow! Yesterday I asked everyone who was participating in #blogjune to answer 4 questions about what they use to get their jobs done. There was a fantastic response to my request. I hope I got to read everybody’s posts, I did my best following on Twitter & seeing who linked back to my request.
- There were posts from Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
- You all use everything including the kitchen sink!
- There were pens and pasta
- There were accessibility aids – hearing loops and glasses
- There was new machines and old machines, desktops and laptops.
- The environment where you workÂ , avoiding a commute and a nice view were important.
- Using our brains combined both hardware and software
I really enjoyed stopping and thinking about the tools I use. I kept my answers to those things I use on a very regular basis. There’s a mass of utilities that I use for specific purposes, but I didn’t start listing them as I thought it could go on and on. Maybe they are the really interesting things?
From the feedback I got, it seemed like you all enjoyed the task too. We ended up with a really good overview and insight into how we get things done. I feel like I know a little bit more about everyone, things that you don’t pick up in 140 characters. Thanks everyone!